This section contains narratives of the lives of thirty Struckmeyer and Sagner ancestors covering four generations. For easy reference we will call the most recent generation “Generation 1” and the most distant “Generation 4.” Links to the paired individuals are listed by generation below.
In addition, I have included three narratives about people who are not direct ancestors, but who are of interest. They are German Evangelical pastors who married women in the Struckmeyer and Sagner families and who served German-speaking congregations around the United States. They all studied at Eden Seminary in St. Louis where they met their future spouses.
- Louis Struckmeyer and Henriette Detering
- Rev. Oscar Kelsch and Anna Wilcke
- Gustave Sagner and Eleanora Girthofer
- Alphonse Schuller and Emma Bauer
- Karl Struckmeier and Anna Greimann
- Gerhardt Detering and Maria Lahrmann
- Wilhelm Kelsch and Johanne Schrader
- Franz Wilcke and Brigitta Pietzker
- August Sagner and Ernestina Kurtzhan
- Joseph Girthofer and Katherina Kleen
- Michael Schuller and Salome Thomas
- Gustave Bauer and Christine Bauer